Villa AKIKO lies in a mountain meadow above the village of Harklowa, not far from Nowy Targ. It is built in harmony with the surrounding Gorce mountain range. Thanks to the picturesque setting, beautiful views of the Tatra mountains, Czorsztyn Lake and the neighboring Gorce National Park with its forests and meadows it is possible to escape the bustle of the city. The homemade, natural food (both Japanese and Polish) as well as the amazing atmosphere created by the owner are just a few of the attractions of this place.
Throughout the year guests can take advantage of various attractions in the local area:
– take a trip to the mountains (Tatra, Gorce, Pieniny)
– visit one of the many historic sites of the Podhale and Spis regions (Gothic Architecture Trail, Niedzica and Czorsztyn castles, manor house in Lopuszna and wooden churches)
– take a river trip down the Dunajec gorge (on a raft, a kajak or a pontoon)
– sail on Czorsztyn Reservoir (sailing lessons are available)
– ride a mountain bike
– gather wild mushrooms and berries
– enjoy the natural thermal springs at Szaflary year-round.
For fans of skiing there is a wide choice of ski areas just minutes away from Harklowa:
Kluszkowce -10 min
Nowy Targ -15 min.
Niedzice -20 min.
Szczawnic -25 min.
Białka Tatrzańska -25 min.
Bukowina Tatrzańska -30 min.
Zakopane -30 min.
Czarny Góry -30 min.
Witów -30 min.
Click here for photos
Links to tourist attractions:
– thermal springs without chemistry. A real geyser, in the Japanese style “Iwaburo-onsen” – www.goracypotok.pl
Attractions for sailing and water lovers
Podhalańskie towarzystwo Żeglarskie
Jacht Klub Polski http://ykp.pl/